Re: anyone else having a problem with ponts media downloader?

Ron Canazzi

Hi Group,

If for some reason (anti virus, anti malware or whatever) you can't update the engine using the internal hotkey within Pontes, here is the link to the page where you can get the youtube-dl.exe file and place it in the appropriate folder under Pontes Media downloader/engine.
https://youtube-dl.org

Interestingly enough, I have no issue with Pontes currently, but on the page that I just visited before posting, I see the latest version is dated earlier today 11-19-2020. I downloaded this version and will manually install it when Pontes stops working again on my end.

On 11/19/2020 3:16 AM, Gene wrote:
The last version of the program may have been offered in 2019 but the download engine is updated as needed.  I've seen two updates in the last three or four months.

You don't have to be running the current version of the program to update the engine.  I've done it on both a 2.x and a 3.x. version.

They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"