Re: Apple vs Windows?

Joe Orozco

It comes down to what you want to do with the system, or more
importantly, how you want to do it, and how much you want to spend on
the product. I think the level of accessibility is fairly equal
between iOS and OSX versus Windows. Both products let you get started
without sighted assistance. Both products feature dedicated customer
service for accessibility. I would argue Windows gives you more ways
to adjust your screen reader of choice, but if you are not creating
complex documents or producing complex audio or visual projects, that
point may not matter. Windows-based products has the advantage of
featuring a lot more options, therefore creating more affordable
prices, but there is something to be said for Apple products enjoying
a healthy longevity and high quality construction. I think we would
have to get a clearer understanding of what you want to accomplish to
make more specific recommendations.

Joe

I'm not sure there is an answer. for the typical user, I doubt there is a
meaningful advantage one way or the other. I won't use Apple computers
because I know Windows and it isn't worth my time and effort learning
another operating system when I am already very profficient in one.

there may be some specific uses that are better dealt with in apple
computers and some in Windows but I don't think, as I said, that for the
typical user, it matters.

Then there is the cost of Apple computers. You pay a lot more.

I won't comment on mobile devices. I haven't used smart mobile devices.