Re: Apple vs Windows?

Brian Vogel <britechguy@...>

On Thu, Nov 19, 2020 at 10:52 AM, Gene wrote:
With Apple, you get what you get.
-
Yup.  Apple exercises an iron fist in controlling its ecosystem while Microsoft has had a "come one, come all!!" attitude toward third party developers for as long as I've been in the business.

My line about Apple is that you must become one with the borg when you go Apple.  They know what's best for you and you'll get what they deign to give you.  That's why I parted ways with them decades ago.  I want a lot more control over my computing environment than I could ever get with Apple products.

Others, will, of course, feel differently.

        ~ Madonna