Re: Apple vs Windows?

chris judge

I have used both. On the IOS side I love it. I've been using the iPhone since 2009 and love it. Regarding the mac, I have never been able to get my head around voice over. I find it unintuitive. It could just be that I've been using windows and jaws for so long. I have mac book here and keep meaning to bust it out and give it another shot, but I haven't as of yet.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Gene
Sent: November 19, 2020 11:24 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Apple vs Windows?

Here is a long essay about why Jonathan Mosen, after using both Windows and Mac computers extensively, has gone to just Windows.
https://mosen.org/saying-goodbye-to-the-mac/
As you will see, he discusses certain specific uses that may not bee of concern to many users. But he does address this or that use that would be of interest to a large number. I haven't read the whole essay but he does specifically say that working with PDF documents is easier in Windows and web browsing is easier.

I'm not making any generalizations. I am saying that if you do well with whatever you use and it meets your needs well, why go through the trouble of learning a new operating system unless you just want to.