Re: Apple vs Windows?

Gene

I said I hadn't read all of the essay. I didn't read a good deal of it because I'm not interested in the details of the topic. But I just looked and there are comments afterwards. If you think Jonathan Mohsen is letting his association with what was Freedom Scientific when he wrote this article influence his view, you may be satisfied that the comments balance the situation. I haven't read them to any extent but they are present. The reader will have to decide both if Jonathan Mohsen is unduly influenced and if the comments address that problem, if it exists in the first place.

From: Gene
Sent: Thursday, November 19, 2020 10:39 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Apple vs Windows?

It isn't naive. Jonathan Mosen hasn't been employed by the owners of JAWS
for years. He may still do work for them on a freelance basis, I don't
know. I would suggest that you listen to some of the presentation before
you make assumptions and call me naive.

Jonathan Mosen clearly addresses his work for what was then Freedom
Scientific and you will not see it influence his evaluation.

Jonathan Mosen has built up a reputation for reliability and integrity for
decades. Indeed, he makes statements favoring people using screen-readers
that meet their needs. he does not make any sort of case for a general
recommendation for JAWS.

I don't know who ran the beta list. I don't know if you can assume anything
based on that and how the company handles someone in the position of
Jonathan Mosen. As I said, making assumptions without listening to part of
the presentation and basing your skepticism on what happened to you working
with one aspect of the company is not a valid way to form conclusions about
the reliability of this essay.