Re: Apple vs Windows?

Gerald Levy

I agree.  He has been a troublemaker on every list he has infiltrated.  Once again, it should be pointed out that much of his arrogance and disrespect stems from the fact that he is totally sighted and has little patience for dealing with fellow blind list members who lack his advanced level of expertise.

Gerald

On 11/20/2020 12:14 PM, chris judge wrote:
Good riddence.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Gene
Sent: November 20, 2020 12:57 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Apple vs Windows?

Brian has left the list.  He can dish it out, but what happens when he is
criticized?

From: "Brian Vogel" <britechguy@...>
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2020 08:20:17 -0800

On Fri, Nov 20, 2020 at 11:10 AM, Gene wrote:

Your post is verging on personally abusive and such posts will not
be allowed if continued in any regular or recurring pattern.
-
Gene, then I'll be happy to leave.  There seems to be this notion that
all assistance has to "be nice."  Well, it doesn't, and very often, it
shouldn't be.  We're dealing with adults here, and elsewhere, and I
expect that adults know that effort will be necessary to learn any
thing, and also know and accept the following:

It is impossible to help individuals who will not listen to advice
unless they like that advice. Being a good assistant is not about
making the person assisted "feel good," but about both asking the
right (and sometimes hard) questions as well as giving the information
necessary to achieve the desired result. Getting help is a two-way
street, and those asking for help have work they must do, too, when
asked. They also need to be ready to let go of what they'd like to do,
and instead do what's called for.

It is not possible to help those who don't want to "do what's called for."

And, for the record, I'm not trying to "encourage people" in every
instance, or even many instances.  I'm trying to get them to actually
do something they should have already been doing, and supplying the
exact information they need to do it, which I did here.

Giving a well deserved wake-up call is not abusive, it's necessary in
many cases.  This is one of them.

If your joy is derived from what society thinks of you, you're always
going to be disappointed.

~ Madonna