Re: Apple vs Windows?

Gene

It has nothing to do with whether he is sighted. it has to do with his expectations and not taking seriously that there are all sorts of blind people at all levels of knowledge. I've seen blind people who are critical and intolerant as well.

From: Gerald Levy via groups.io
Sent: Friday, November 20, 2020 11:32 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Apple vs Windows?

I agree. He has been a troublemaker on every list he has infiltrated. Once again, it should be pointed out that much of his arrogance and disrespect stems from the fact that he is totally sighted and has little patience for dealing with fellow blind list members who lack his advanced level of expertise.

Gerald

On 11/20/2020 12:14 PM, chris judge wrote:
Good riddence. -----Original Message----- From: main@TechTalk.groups.io mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io On Behalf Of Gene Sent: November 20, 2020 12:57 PM To: main@TechTalk.groups.io Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Apple vs Windows? Brian has left the list. He can dish it out, but what happens when he is criticized? Gene -----Original Message----- From: Rob Hudson Sent: Friday, November 20, 2020 10:38 AM To: main@TechTalk.groups.io Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Apple vs Windows? You can give "wake up calls" without insults and snarkiness. As has been demonstrated by your posts here and elsewhere, you have a distinct lack of patience and very little tolerance. I understand that you are frustrated that people don't know what you know, or wish to adapt. But the tone of your posts is such that it sounds like: you are a stupid idiot refusing to see that things change. It's a free country (well, mostly) and you can express yourself however you wish. But, I think Gene--and others as well--would prefer that you leave off the personal insults. ----- Original Message ----- From: "Brian Vogel" mailto:britechguy@gmail.com To: main@TechTalk.groups.io Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2020 08:20:17 -0800 Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Apple vs Windows? On Fri, Nov 20, 2020 at 11:10 AM, Gene wrote: Your post is verging on personally abusive and such posts will not be allowed if continued in any regular or recurring pattern. - Gene, then I'll be happy to leave. There seems to be this notion that all assistance has to "be nice." Well, it doesn't, and very often, it shouldn't be. We're dealing with adults here, and elsewhere, and I expect that adults know that effort will be necessary to learn any thing, and also know and accept the following: It is impossible to help individuals who will not listen to advice unless they like that advice. Being a good assistant is not about making the person assisted "feel good," but about both asking the right (and sometimes hard) questions as well as giving the information necessary to achieve the desired result. Getting help is a two-way street, and those asking for help have work they must do, too, when asked. They also need to be ready to let go of what they'd like to do, and instead do what's called for. It is not possible to help those who don't want to "do what's called for." And, for the record, I'm not trying to "encourage people" in every instance, or even many instances. I'm trying to get them to actually do something they should have already been doing, and supplying the exact information they need to do it, which I did here. Giving a well deserved wake-up call is not abusive, it's necessary in many cases. This is one of them. -- Brian - Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 2004, Build 19041 If your joy is derived from what society thinks of you, you're always going to be disappointed. ~ Madonna