Re: anyone else having a problem with ponts media downloader?

Steve Matzura

I downloaded and replaced youtube-dl.exe and, just for kicks, tried the update method again with the same result. I haven't tried using the program with the updated download component yet, so I don't know whether my change had an affect or not. Will report back either way.

On 11/20/2020 11:14 AM, Gene wrote:
I don't know why you gott that message.  I got that message weeks ago, when neither version would update.  Then a few days after I checked, both programs found the current version.  When I chedcked yesterday with 2.x, I was told that the program is up-to-date. You can try what Ron has been discussing, but if you don't know how to do that, I'll let you discuss that with Ron.  I don't use that method and didn't try to remember the details.

Gene
-----Original Message----- From: Steve Matzura
Sent: Friday, November 20, 2020 9:15 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] anyone else having a problem with ponts media downloader?

I just tried to do it on version 2.1.6619.26945 and was told it "can't
find the current version. Please try again later." Do I need to install
3.0 before this command will work?

On 11/19/2020 3:16 AM, Gene wrote:
The last version of the program may have been offered in 2019 but the download engine is updated as needed.  I've seen two updates in the last three or four months.

You don't have to be running the current version of the program to update the engine.  I've done it on both a 2.x and a 3.x. version.