Re: does anyone know about OE classic?

Mary Smith

Gene, I already use the portable version but I'd like to hear your reasons as to why its preferable than the installed copy. Other listers will benefit from this info.

On 2020-11-20 5:22 p.m., Gene wrote:
Another really important advantage of using Thunderbird is that you can use Thunderbird portable, which I very strongly recommend instead of the installed version.  I'll present more reasons if people want, I've written about this on different lists, I'm not sure just which ones.

I'll make one point about the portable version.  If something becomes corrupted in the portable version, you don't have to try to figure out the problem and solve it.  You can just delete it, and copy your backup copy of the program to the location you run it from.  Nothing else needs to be done.

Gene
-----Original Message----- From: Loy
Sent: Friday, November 20, 2020 4:12 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] does anyone know about OE classic?

I have it and it is very similar to OE, but it still needs work to make it screen reader friendly. The developer says he is working on it. There is focus issues with folders and messages.
----- Original Messages ----- From: Jim Rawls