From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Gene
Sent: Saturday, November 21, 2020 3:39 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] accessing an element on a website problem

This may not be a JAWS problem. I don't know what would happen if you tried NVDA, but you may want to and also try a different browser such as Thunderbird or Internet Explorer; I have no idea what is on your machine.
You could try a different browser with JAWS and then with NVDA and you could try Chrome as well.

From: Kimsan via groups.io

Okay, did you modify a scheme somewhere along the line so Jaws won't report
clickable?

From: Carlos via BlindTech
In
"Settings Center"
under the
"Web / HTML / PDFs"
category, there is a subcategory labeled
"Miscellaneous"
Under
"Miscellaneous"
there is a setting labeled
"Indicate Element Attribute"
Unchecking this setting will stop Jaws from saying
"Clickable"
Although I would not recommend this since there are times when you will miss
out on elements of webpages that may be useful and are clickable.
Carlos

If that setting is unchecked, check it, to get clickable back.