Re: cleaning old messages out of thunderbird

Gerald Levy

No, there is no option for emptying the Sent or Spam folders.  The easiest way to accomplish this is to focus on the list of messages in each foler, perform a select all command (control-A) and then press the delete key to move them all in one fell swoop to the trash folder.  Then when you empty the trash folder, all the sent and spam messages will also be deleted along with the rest of the trash.

Gerald

On 11/23/2020 8:10 PM, Troy Burnham wrote:
Hi all,

I only have a gmail address in thunderbird and I see under the file menu an option to empty the trash. Is there a quick way to delete messages from the sent mail folder and the spam folder, other than going into each folder and selecting the messages and deleting them that way that is?

Thanks.

Troy