Re: Kurzweil 1000, or something else?

Gene

How old is the version you are using? In my opinion, there hasn't been really revolutionary improvement in OCR accuracy for quite some time. That doesn't mean that you might not want to upgrade. there might be improvement enough in the kinds of material you expect to scan. But can you use the old version with whatever version of Windows you have? If so, why not see how it performs on material of the sort you expect to regularly scan. Then, you can determine if you are satisfied or not with what you have. if the version you have doesn't run in your version of Windows, then you will have to do something.

From: Norman
Sent: Tuesday, November 24, 2020 6:13 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: [TechTalk] Kurzweil 1000, or something else?

Hi all.

I have an older copy of kurzweil1000 that i haven't been using because i
haven't really needed OCR software. However, the time has come that i
would like to have a good OCR program again for reading books and such.
So i'm curious what people think, is it worth upgrading kurzweil to the
latest version? or is there better OCR software out there now?

I want something for a pc, not a mobile device.

Any thoughts are appreciated.

Thanks.