Re: Need basic Windows Laptop Ideas

George McCoy

If I were in your shoes, I would seriously consider a Chromebook.

On 11/25/2020 2:43 PM, Lisa Belville wrote:
Hi, all.

My sister and I want to get our mom a very basic Windows laptop for Christmas. She's used Windows, but back in the XP days, and she hasn't used a PC since then.

I'm looking for machines that are relatively inexpensive, like under $300 and are reputable brands with minimum specs-- She'll just do basic web surfing, on line shopping, Netflix, and maybe some YouTube and video calling.

I'm looking for something with a full size keyboard, otherwise, we can provide a wireless Logitech one.

I really don't want to pay more for one with an SSD because she's not going to be a power user by any means.

Also, mom is sighted, but would probably benefit from the magnification capability in Windows.  She doesn't need any other specialized software.

TIA for the thoughts.

Lisa