From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Mary Smith via groups.io
Sent: November 25, 2020 9:36 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Need basic Windows Laptop Ideas

I'm going to second what George said. I got myself a Chromebook a couple of weeks ago and I love it. If someone isn't set on getting a Windows10 machine, A Chromebook might be enough to accomplish certain things.
Second, you don't have to spend that much on a decent machine.

On 2020-11-25 7:46 p.m., George McCoy wrote:
If I were in your shoes, I would seriously consider a Chromebook.

On 11/25/2020 2:43 PM, Lisa Belville wrote:
Hi, all.

My sister and I want to get our mom a very basic Windows laptop for
Christmas. She's used Windows, but back in the XP days, and she
hasn't used a PC since then.

I'm looking for machines that are relatively inexpensive, like under
$300 and are reputable brands with minimum specs-- She'll just do
basic web surfing, on line shopping, Netflix, and maybe some YouTube
and video calling.

I'm looking for something with a full size keyboard, otherwise, we
can provide a wireless Logitech one.

I really don't want to pay more for one with an SSD because she's not
going to be a power user by any means.

Also, mom is sighted, but would probably benefit from the
magnification capability in Windows. She doesn't need any other
specialized software.

TIA for the thoughts.

Lisa