Re: Looking for a magnetic USB cable

Laz

On 11/27/20, Ron Canazzi <aa2vm@roadrunner.com> wrote:
Hi Laz,

Do you or does anyone else have this type of cable with an end that fits
into Apple devices such as an Apple iPhone?

On 11/27/2020 9:09 AM, Laz wrote:
Hi Steve,

A magnetic cable is designed so that the magnetic end is detachable
and can remain inside the charging port of a device; it is held onto
the cable magnetically. This protects and prolongs the life of the
device in two ways, 1. If you snag the cable it detaches from the
magnetic tip thereby avoiding a crash to the cloor, and 2. it avoids
the wear and tear of plugging and unplugging your cable every day for
charging. This is perfect for use with expensive devices such as the
victor Reader Stream which as is well known, has a history of charging
port breakage.

I hope that helps clear it up for you.

Stay safe,

Laz

On 11/27/20, Steve Matzura <number6@noisynotes.com> wrote:
Magnetic charging cable? What the heck is that? I have never heard of
any USB cable with a magnet in it.

On 11/26/2020 8:38 PM, Angelo Sonnesso wrote:
When you buy the cable on Amazon you get a selection of connectors.
Including Micro USB, and USB C.

73 N2DYN Angelo