Re: Composing New Messages on Gmail Site

Nimer Jaber

Hello Abbie,

In the main Gmail site, you can do the following:
  1. Once you are at Gmail, press c to compose. If keyboard shortcuts are not enabled, you can enable them in settings.
  2. Type the first few letters of the individual you wish to email. If they are in your addressbook, or someone you have emailed before, the address will come up. Note that you may have to use up/down arrow keys to select the name.
  3. As soon as the name is announced, or you have selected the correct name, press enter. At this point, you can type in another name, as the one you wanted has been added.
  4. As soon as all names have been entered, press tab. Again, all email addresses you wanted are there. If you wish to view the ones you've added, sometimes going back to the to field will read those, but the most reliable way is to use your screen reader's mouse commands or touch cursor to access the content of the field.

On Mon, Nov 30, 2020 at 5:24 PM Abbie Taylor <abbietaylor945@...> wrote:
Okay, I'll try typing the person's name into the To field, then shift tabbing and tabbing and see what that does. Thank you all for your input.

http://www.abbiejohnsontaylor.com

abbietaylor945@...

--
Best,