Hi Gene,

I tried those methods with NVDA and nothing changed. That is to say nothing was more visible using the review/object navigation with NVDA. Not even the OCR keystroke for NVDA 'insert + R,'  showed anything more.

Interestingly enough, if I use the OCR keystroke in some dialogues--in particular--in the Thunderbird update dialogue, it shows all the text not spoken, but no dice with AudibleSync.

On 12/2/2020 9:22 PM, Gene wrote:
I don't use Audible nor the app, but from the little I've read about apps, you very often need to use the touch cursor if you are using JAWS, and object navigation, if you are using NVDA.  These methods might make the app far more useable.  Those who use the app may have comments about that.

Gene
-----Original Message----- From: Ron Canazzi
Sent: Wednesday, December 02, 2020 8:18 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] New AudibleSync: How Do You Use It?

Hi Group,

OK, I did a search on *.aax on my C drive and I found the download
location. This is using Windows 10 latest version.  It is
C:\Users\<computer name>\AppData\Roaming\AudibleSync\downloads.

After you use the clumsy AudibleSync and you see (near the bottom of the
screen for a few seconds) download complete, navigate to the above
folder and copy the file out of that folder immediately. The reason I
say this is that unlike with the audible manager and audible download
manager, the title is totally unrecognizable. It is some sort of large
number with the aax extension.  Once you move it to an area out of that
path and/or to an authorized player like the VR stream second
generation, you can play it.

...and for those so inclined, if you follow the above instructions, you
can still send the file to inaudible for a conversion.

On 12/2/2020 6:02 PM, Marie wrote:
So far I hate the app. But if you get a book downloaded and can find it, use file explorer to put them on the Stream and the Audible app will download them to your iPhone.
Marie

-----Original Message----- From: Mary Smith via groups.io
Sent: Wednesday, December 2, 2020 10:37 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io

I have the same question. I downloaded the new software yesterday but
can't find where books are saved.

On 2020-12-02 1:27 p.m., Ron Canazzi wrote:
Hi Group,

I have been a gold member of Audible since 2013. Recently, Audible has disabled the Audible Manager and Audible Download Manager and forced us to use the new AudibleSync. I downloaded and installed it and was able to download a book. Now what do I do? There is no menu structure.  The right click menu does not work.  And I see no way to authorize a legitimate book reader. Moreover, I cannot find where the books are downloaded to move to my VR stream or iPhone.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"