From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Ron Canazzi
Sent: December 2, 2020 10:19 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] New AudibleSync: How Do You Use It?

Hi Group,

OK, I did a search on *.aax on my C drive and I found the download location. This is using Windows 10 latest version. It is C:\Users\<computer name>\AppData\Roaming\AudibleSync\downloads.

After you use the clumsy AudibleSync and you see (near the bottom of the screen for a few seconds) download complete, navigate to the above folder and copy the file out of that folder immediately. The reason I say this is that unlike with the audible manager and audible download manager, the title is totally unrecognizable. It is some sort of large number with the aax extension. Once you move it to an area out of that path and/or to an authorized player like the VR stream second generation, you can play it.

...and for those so inclined, if you follow the above instructions, you can still send the file to inaudible for a conversion.

On 12/2/2020 6:02 PM, Marie wrote:
So far I hate the app. But if you get a book downloaded and can find
it, use file explorer to put them on the Stream and the Audible app
will download them to your iPhone.
Marie

-----Original Message----- From: Mary Smith via groups.io
Sent: Wednesday, December 2, 2020 10:37 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io

I have the same question. I downloaded the new software yesterday but
can't find where books are saved.

On 2020-12-02 1:27 p.m., Ron Canazzi wrote:
Hi Group,

I have been a gold member of Audible since 2013. Recently, Audible
has disabled the Audible Manager and Audible Download Manager and
forced us to use the new AudibleSync. I downloaded and installed it
and was able to download a book. Now what do I do? There is no menu
structure. The right click menu does not work. And I see no way to
authorize a legitimate book reader. Moreover, I cannot find where the
books are downloaded to move to my VR stream or iPhone.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"