Re: FireFox Version

Gene

What are you saying? Are you saying someone should use Chrome or Edge with this or that site that requires a current browser while using an old browser of a diffferent developer on other sites? That is really bad advice, if that is what you are saying. It doesn't matter what the browser is, a current version should be used except in very rare instances. For example, people who use Webvism still have to use very old versions of Firefox but those very old versions should only be used on just those sites that require Webvissm and on no others.

From: Gerald Levy via groups.io
Sent: Thursday, December 03, 2020 2:59 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] FireFox Version

Instead of upgrading a version of Firefox you are satisfied with just so that it is compatible with the Chase site, why not use Google Chrome or MS Edge instead to access it?

Gerald

On 12/3/2020 3:52 PM, Howard Traxler wrote:
Trying to do financial stuff at the Chase Bank and it won't let me on until I upgrade my browser (firefox). Looks like I'm using version 60. It's working fine. If it works, why should I fix it? Is anyone using a newer firefox successfully? I suppose if want to do Chase on-line, I'll have to do it their way. My local bank does the same thing; except there, it's the size of my screen.

I'd like to threaten them jerks. They shouldn't be able to tell you what kind of equipment you should have.