Re: FireFox Version

Gerald Levy

Yes, based on my personal experience with the Chase site, I am suggesting that he try Chrome or Edge instead, both of which are automatically kept up to date.  There are valid reasons not to upgrade to the latest version of Firefox, not the least of which is the fact that third-party extensions like Navigational Sounds no longer work, and to me, there is nothing more annoying than sitting there in silence waiting for a web page to load without any audible feedback. Both Chrome and Edge have third -party extensions that add clicking sounds to indicate that a web page is loading, but not the latest version of Firefox.  They are just better browsers in my opinion.  On the rare occasions when I do use Firefox, I use Firefox 59 ESR portable because it is the last version with which such third-party extensions still work, and it seems to be faster than newer versions of Firefox.

Gerald

On 12/3/2020 4:19 PM, Gene wrote:
What are you saying?  Are you saying someone should use Chrome or Edge with this or that site that requires a current browser while using an old browser of a diffferent developer on other sites?  That is really bad advice, if that is what you are saying.  It doesn't matter what the browser is, a current version should be used except in very rare instances.  For example, people who use Webvism still have to use very old versions of Firefox but those very old versions should only be used on just those sites that require Webvissm and on no others.

Gene
-----Original Message----- From: Gerald Levy via groups.io
Sent: Thursday, December 03, 2020 2:59 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] FireFox Version

Instead of upgrading a version of Firefox you are satisfied with just so that it is compatible with the Chase site, why not use Google Chrome or MS Edge instead to access it?

Gerald

On 12/3/2020 3:52 PM, Howard Traxler wrote:
Trying to do financial stuff at the Chase Bank and it won't let me on until I upgrade my browser (firefox).  Looks like I'm using version 60.  It's working fine.  If it works, why should I fix it? Is anyone using a newer firefox successfully?  I suppose if want to do Chase on-line, I'll have to do it their way.  My local bank does the same thing; except there, it's the size of my screen.

I'd like to threaten them jerks.  They shouldn't be able to tell you what kind of equipment you should have.