Re: FireFox Version

Howard Traxler

Well, if you folks say so, I guess I'll give the newer firefox a try.  But I remember when I started using firefox, I think it was version 58.  I had an awful time trying to get any screen reader to read it.  Now it seems that I have to use the ESR version; but it works very well.  So does my 2007 jeep, my 2002 analog TV, my 1970s stereo.  Oh well; I don't think I'll have to be here that much longer.

On 12/3/2020 5:39 PM, Gene wrote:
I should add that I didn't emphasize the importance of keeping browsers up-to-date strongly to be personally critical.  there may be others who don't update Firefox because they are worried about accessibility.  If that is a concern, rather than not do it, it would be a good idea to ask here since, as I said, running an old browser is dangerous.

Gene

On 12/3/2020 3:12 PM, Gene via groups.io wrote:
there were some versions of Firefox that weren't accessible during a transition period perhaps two years ago but it has been accessible for over a year and a half.

Gene
-----Original Message----- From: Howard Traxler
Sent: Thursday, December 03, 2020 2:52 PM
To: TechTalk
Subject: [TechTalk] FireFox Version

Trying to do financial stuff at the Chase Bank and it won't let me on
until I upgrade my browser (firefox).  Looks like I'm using version 60.
It's working fine.  If it works, why should I fix it? Is anyone using a
newer firefox successfully?  I suppose if want to do Chase on-line, I'll
have to do it their way.  My local bank does the same thing; except
there, it's the size of my screen.

I'd like to threaten them jerks.  They shouldn't be able to tell you
what kind of equipment you should have.