Re: Blindshell phone questions

Gene

I suspect these are push notifications.  My first question is whether the browser in the phone is good enough to use at all extensively.  Is the point of push notifications to provide links to get more information or are they considered complete in themselves?

Gene

On 12/4/2020 12:40 PM, Terrilynne Pomeroy wrote:
I think my question is probably, could I sign up for such texts? When I had an IPhone, I was just offered the option.

TerriLynne

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Laz
Sent: Friday, December 4, 2020 11:35 AM
To: main@techtalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Blindshell phone questions

If they're text messages I don't see any reason why they would not arrive like any other text messages would Terri. Unless there's something about these types of messages which would make them behave differently than normal text messages.

Laz

On 12/4/20, Terrilynne Pomeroy <tl717375@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Laz,
Thanks for your experiences with texting.

About the news, I mean texts which you can sign up for to receive news
from your local stations or from places such as the New York Times or
Washington Post. Although, the news is so monotonously the same
everyday that I don't know why I care.

TerriLynne