Re: The CC and BCC Fields in Thunderbird

Ron Canazzi

That probably works, but when you have more than 300 entries in your address book and can't remember all the nicknames and/or addresses, it's a bit tough.

On 12/4/2020 9:42 PM, Gene wrote:
You can do that but autocomplete works well in Thunderbird and it is often more simple.

Move to the field you want to work in and use autocomplete for an address, then for the next one in the same field, etc.

Gene

-----Original Message----- From: Ron Canazzi
Sent: Friday, December 04, 2020 7:43 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] The CC and BCC Fields in Thunderbird

Hi Group,

The various fields within the headers of Thunderbird have always been a
bit problematic.  Here is what I do.  After opening a new
message/composition, I back tab until I hear 'list of addresses' and the
first address in my address book. I then use first letter navigation or
arrow down to whomever I want to send messages to. Now as  you back tab
to get to the list of addresses, you will see the various buttons such
as add, cc,and BCC.  There is a hotkey associated with each button: alt
+ A for the to field, alt + C for the CC field and alt + B for the BCC
field.  In the latest Thunderbird 78.51, these keystrokes still work.
Use the mark and space method or first letter navigation to arrow down
the list of addresses in your address book and press the appropriate
hotkeys for the To, CC and BCC fields as shown above.

Then tab to the subject line and proceed as usual.

On 12/4/2020 12:15 PM, Gene wrote:
Start a new message and shift tab beyond the other addressing fields button. You will see a button for bcc and for cc.  Press enter on the button you want to work with.  The space bar, which is the standard command for most buttons, doesn't work.  So much for following Windows standards.
Type the address or use autocomplete or however you want to enter an address, then press enter and either leave the field as it is, or enter another address, then press enter.  Repeat until you have the addresses in the field you want.  You can place focus on an address by left arrowing. Left arrow more times to place focus on different addresses.  You will hear your screen-reader prompt you for how to work with addresses if you let the full address read followed by the prompt.

Gene
-----Original Message----- From: Rich DeSteno
Sent: Friday, December 04, 2020 11:02 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: [TechTalk] The CC and BCC Fields in Thunderbird

The latest version of Thunderbird changed the format for the To, CC, and
BCC fields, totally for the worse in my opinion.  I cannot determine how
to get more than one CC and BCC field.  How is this done with a
screen-reading program?
--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"