Re: Blindshell phone questions

Laz

Yes, or by contact name if the person is in your contacts.

Laz

On 12/5/20, Gerald Levy via groups.io <bwaylimited=verizon.net@groups.io> wrote:

Does the BlindShell have the ability to dial phone numbers by digit
using voice commands?

Gerald

On 12/5/2020 5:11 PM, Laz wrote:
Monte, You left out the ability to dictate email messages.

Laz

On 12/5/20, Monte Single <mrsingle@sasktel.net> wrote:
Hi List,

The Blind Shell Classic is an interesting animal.
It has a combination of features that I like;
First, it has keys you can feel. Smart phone don't, there may be an
exception.
Second, you can dictate text messages to the Blind Shell Classic.
So-called "feature" phones do have buttons, but you cannot dictate text
messages.
So, personally, I am living with a second-hand I phone 7 to which I can
dictate text messages, but it has no buttons.
When it comes to entering info, passwords, codes, card numbers, etc,
on
smart phone, I'm a clutz.

I would buy a Blind Shell Classic, but right now, it's just a bit pricey
given the difference between the value of the Canadian and US
dollars.
Personally I don't care that the Blind Shell Classic does not have a
browser.
That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

Cheers, and live safely,

Monte