From: Mary Smith via groups.io
Sent: Saturday, December 05, 2020 6:12 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Blindshell phone questions

Yes, the phone definitely has a youtube app as well as the ability to
listen to internet radio stations.

On 2020-12-05 6:52 p.m., Gene wrote:
That's interesting. I wonder what system it uses for operation with
speech. it would be interesting if any of the well recognized assistants

can do this. As I think about it, I suspect they can and that the
limitation I spoke of is likely on my phone, not of the assistant. If an

assistant is used in The Shell Phone, it should be able to do all sorts of

things.

I wonder if the phone has a built-in Youtube app, allowing you to listen
to music and other content on Youtube.

Gene

-----Original Message----- From: Laz
Sent: Saturday, December 05, 2020 5:23 PM
To: main@techtalk.groups.io

Yes, or by contact name if the person is in your contacts.

Laz

On 12/5/20, Gerald Levy via groups.io <bwaylimited=verizon.net@groups.io>

wrote:

Does the BlindShell have the ability to dial phone numbers by digit
using voice commands?

Gerald

On 12/5/2020 5:11 PM, Laz wrote:
Monte, You left out the ability to dictate email messages.

Laz

On 12/5/20, Monte Single <mrsingle@sasktel.net> wrote:
Hi List,

The Blind Shell Classic is an interesting animal.
It has a combination of features that I like;
First, it has keys you can feel. Smart phone don't, there may be an
exception.
Second, you can dictate text messages to the Blind Shell Classic.
So-called "feature" phones do have buttons, but you cannot dictate
text
messages.
So, personally, I am living with a second-hand I phone 7 to which I
can
dictate text messages, but it has no buttons.
When it comes to entering info, passwords, codes, card numbers, etc,
on
smart phone, I'm a clutz.

I would buy a Blind Shell Classic, but right now, it's just a bit
pricey
given the difference between the value of the Canadian and US
dollars.
Personally I don't care that the Blind Shell Classic does not have a
browser.
That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

Cheers, and live safely,

Monte