Re: Blindshell phone questions

Carolyn Arnold

I think maybe on the Kapsys, there was Internet capability, maybe with browser.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Pamela Dominguez
Sent: Sunday, December 6, 2020 2:32 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Blindshell phone questions

Okay, I thought it was the blind shell phone where you could do stuff like that. I called it a browser, because I forgot exactly what it was. Pam.

On 2020-12-05 6:52 p.m., Gene wrote:
That's interesting. I wonder what system it uses for operation with
speech. it would be interesting if any of the well recognized
assistants can do this. As I think about it, I suspect they can and
that the limitation I spoke of is likely on my phone, not of the
assistant. If an assistant is used in The Shell Phone, it should be
able to do all sorts of things.

I wonder if the phone has a built-in Youtube app, allowing you to
listen to music and other content on Youtube.

Gene

-----Original Message----- From: Laz
Sent: Saturday, December 05, 2020 5:23 PM
To: main@techtalk.groups.io

Yes, or by contact name if the person is in your contacts.

Laz

On 12/5/20, Gerald Levy via groups.io
<bwaylimited=verizon.net@groups.io>
wrote:

Does the BlindShell have the ability to dial phone numbers by digit
using voice commands?

Gerald

On 12/5/2020 5:11 PM, Laz wrote:
Monte, You left out the ability to dictate email messages.

Laz

On 12/5/20, Monte Single <mrsingle@sasktel.net> wrote:
Hi List,

The Blind Shell Classic is an interesting animal.
It has a combination of features that I like; First, it has keys
you can feel. Smart phone don't, there may be an exception.
Second, you can dictate text messages to the Blind Shell Classic.
So-called "feature" phones do have buttons, but you cannot dictate
text messages.
So, personally, I am living with a second-hand I phone 7 to which
I can dictate text messages, but it has no buttons.
When it comes to entering info, passwords, codes, card numbers,
etc, on a smart phone, I'm a clutz.

I would buy a Blind Shell Classic, but right now, it's just a bit
pricey
given the difference between the value of the Canadian and US
dollars.
Personally I don't care that the Blind Shell Classic does not have
a browser.
That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

Cheers, and live safely,

Monte