From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Laz
Sent: December 6, 2020 10:48 AM
To: main@techtalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Blindshell phone questions

It has a few more apps which benefit the blind user such as a color identifier, object tagging, music player, book reader, as well as a translator.

Stay safe,

Laz

Since the browser in my phone isn't accessible enough to use to any
extent,

it sounds as though the Shell phone does pretty much what my phone
does and

a certain amount more. I can't listen to radio stations, though I
wouldn't

spend extra money for a phone just for that. I do value the FM radio
my phone makes available and I know the Blind Shell Phone also has one.

I might spend a certain amount extra for that feature.

On 2020-12-05 6:52 p.m., Gene wrote:
That's interesting. I wonder what system it uses for operation with
speech. it would be interesting if any of the well recognized
assistants

can do this. As I think about it, I suspect they can and that the
limitation I spoke of is likely on my phone, not of the assistant.
If an

assistant is used in The Shell Phone, it should be able to do all
sorts of

things.

I wonder if the phone has a built-in Youtube app, allowing you to
listen to music and other content on Youtube.

Gene

-----Original Message----- From: Laz
Sent: Saturday, December 05, 2020 5:23 PM
To: main@techtalk.groups.io

Yes, or by contact name if the person is in your contacts.

Laz

On 12/5/20, Gerald Levy via groups.io
<bwaylimited=verizon.net@groups.io>

wrote:

Does the BlindShell have the ability to dial phone numbers by digit
using voice commands?

Gerald

On 12/5/2020 5:11 PM, Laz wrote:
Monte, You left out the ability to dictate email messages.

Laz

On 12/5/20, Monte Single <mrsingle@sasktel.net> wrote:
Hi List,

The Blind Shell Classic is an interesting animal.
It has a combination of features that I like; First, it has keys
you can feel. Smart phone don't, there may be an exception.
Second, you can dictate text messages to the Blind Shell Classic.
So-called "feature" phones do have buttons, but you cannot dictate
text messages.
So, personally, I am living with a second-hand I phone 7 to which
I can dictate text messages, but it has no buttons.
When it comes to entering info, passwords, codes, card numbers,
etc, on a smart phone, I'm a clutz.

I would buy a Blind Shell Classic, but right now, it's just a bit
pricey
given the difference between the value of the Canadian and US
dollars.
Personally I don't care that the Blind Shell Classic does not have
a browser.
That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

Cheers, and live safely,

Monte