Re: thunderbird 78.5.1 accessibility configuration

Shelly Kane

Hi Group:

Since I have updated to the new Thunderbird 78.5, it has changed a little for me.  When I go to send an email, there is an extra box before the subject.  I forgot what it says but I just tab to subject and then it seems to be fine.  Is there any way to get rid of this?  I have also noticed when I hit F7 to spell check, when it lands on a word that isn't spelled right, it will tell me and then it will say control W when I tab and it never did before.  It seems to have these added things that aren't necessary.  Do any of you know if there will be another update to correct this or are we going to just have to deal with it?  Thanks in advance for any help on this matter.  I'm currently using the newest Jaws which is Jaws 2021.

Shelly

On 12/5/2020 11:14 AM, David Mehler wrote:
Hello,

I just did a Thunderbird upgrade. I'm running v78.5.1 with NVDA
v2020.3. It seems as if this new Thunderbird overwrote my previous
configuration, my accounts are still there but it seems to be bringing
up a lot of extra boxes, adverts, web pages, etc. I was wondering if
anyone had a thunderbird taming setup?

Thanks.
Dave.