Re: thunderbird 78.5.1 accessibility configuration

Gene

I don't use JAWS. I don't hear control w with NVDA. As far as the extra field, you are evidently seeing a field that shows after you type an address and tab once. If JAWS doesn't read what is said in that field, it is a problem with JAWS. The field says something like one address, left arrow to select. The field is there because you haven't actually placed the address in the field until you tab once. You are now in the field with the address and you can work with it there. When you tab again, you are in the subject line. This won't change. It's just a different way of presenting the to line and having it function slightly differently.than previously.

From: Shelly Kane
Sent: Monday, December 07, 2020 4:07 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] thunderbird 78.5.1 accessibility configuration

Hi Group:

Since I have updated to the new Thunderbird 78.5, it has changed a
little for me. When I go to send an email, there is an extra box before
the subject. I forgot what it says but I just tab to subject and then
it seems to be fine. Is there any way to get rid of this? I have also
noticed when I hit F7 to spell check, when it lands on a word that isn't
spelled right, it will tell me and then it will say control W when I tab
and it never did before. It seems to have these added things that
aren't necessary. Do any of you know if there will be another update to
correct this or are we going to just have to deal with it? Thanks in
advance for any help on this matter. I'm currently using the newest
Jaws which is Jaws 2021.

Shelly

On 12/5/2020 11:14 AM, David Mehler wrote:
Hello,

I just did a Thunderbird upgrade. I'm running v78.5.1 with NVDA
v2020.3. It seems as if this new Thunderbird overwrote my previous
configuration, my accounts are still there but it seems to be bringing
up a lot of extra boxes, adverts, web pages, etc. I was wondering if
anyone had a thunderbird taming setup?

Thanks.
Dave.