Re: thunderbird 78.5.1 accessibility configuration

Gene

When you are in the field, you hear something like left arrow to select, enter to edit, delete to delete. If you select an address and want to add another, right arrow and you will be in the edit area, where you started. You can write an address or use autocomplete. Press enter to add the address.
You are working with a structure where the addresses are presented iin a row running right and left on the screen rather than in a list that goes up and down. Movement follows form. In this case, you left and right arrow, rather than move up and down.

From: Gene
Sent: Monday, December 07, 2020 5:23 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] thunderbird 78.5.1 accessibility configuration

I don't use JAWS. I don't hear control w with NVDA. As far as the extra
field, you are evidently seeing a field that shows after you type an address
and tab once. If JAWS doesn't read what is said in that field, it is a
problem with JAWS. The field says something like one address, left arrow to
select. The field is there because you haven't actually placed the address
in the field until you tab once. You are now in the field with the address
and you can work with it there. When you tab again, you are in the subject
line. This won't change. It's just a different way of presenting the to
line and having it function slightly differently.than previously.