Re: thunderbird 78.5.1 accessibility configuration

Geoff Eden

Hello, this upgrade has confused me. The portable version works perfectly from a thumb drive, but when working from an installation on my hard drive the opening screen is like nothing I have ever seen. I have tried the JAWS cursor, the touch cursor, etc., and there's nothing there. I have even tried the OCR function on that screen and nothing makes sense.

I'm sure I'm doing something wrong, but I have no idea what it might be.

I had even installed a working version on a thumb drive and copied the whole thing to my C drive and got the results described above.

I am running windows 10 in an ice seven Dell desktop with eight gigs of RAM using JAWS 18. Any help would be very much appreciated.

Geoff

On 12/5/2020 1:14 PM, David Mehler wrote:
Hello,

I just did a Thunderbird upgrade. I'm running v78.5.1 with NVDA
v2020.3. It seems as if this new Thunderbird overwrote my previous
configuration, my accounts are still there but it seems to be bringing
up a lot of extra boxes, adverts, web pages, etc. I was wondering if
anyone had a thunderbird taming setup?

Thanks.
Dave.