Re: thunderbird 78.5.1 accessibility configuration

Gene

I use the portable version so I can't comment on how the installed version might work. You can always copy the thumb drive portable version to the hard drive and use that. I think it’s a better idea to use the portable version even if they both work well. If something goes wrong with the copy on your machine, you can replace it with a backup and not worry about troubleshooting.

From: Geoff Eden
Sent: Monday, December 07, 2020 8:56 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] thunderbird 78.5.1 accessibility configuration

Hello, this upgrade has confused me. The portable version works
perfectly from a thumb drive, but when working from an installation on
my hard drive the opening screen is like nothing I have ever seen. I
have tried the JAWS cursor, the touch cursor, etc., and there's nothing
there. I have even tried the OCR function on that screen and nothing
makes sense.

I'm sure I'm doing something wrong, but I have no idea what it might be.

I had even installed a working version on a thumb drive and copied the
whole thing to my C drive and got the results described above.

I am running windows 10 in an ice seven Dell desktop with eight gigs of
RAM using JAWS 18. Any help would be very much appreciated.

Geoff

On 12/5/2020 1:14 PM, David Mehler wrote:
Hello,

I just did a Thunderbird upgrade. I'm running v78.5.1 with NVDA
v2020.3. It seems as if this new Thunderbird overwrote my previous
configuration, my accounts are still there but it seems to be bringing
up a lot of extra boxes, adverts, web pages, etc. I was wondering if
anyone had a thunderbird taming setup?

Thanks.
Dave.