Re: thunderbird 78.5.1 accessibility configuration

Gene

I'll add that I see from a later post you made that you usually only write to one person. In that case, either add the address and press tab or enter. Either one tells the program that you have added an address and you will be in the to line. At first, when there is nothing there, you are just in an edit field. That is also the to line but there are no addresses so its just an edit field. When you add an address, the to line changes. You aren't placed in a new field, you are still in the to line, but since an address is now in the to line, the line changes and you hear what you hear as to instructions and you now can left arrow to get to the address if you want to edit or delete it. Sometimes, a field will change in some way when you place information in it if it is empty previously. That is what is happening here.

From: Gene via groups.io
Sent: Tuesday, December 08, 2020 2:46 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] thunderbird 78.5.1 accessibility configuration

If it helps you understand it, this isn't a mysterious field that is there
for some reason. You are really working with the to line. When you first
type an address and either tab or press enter, you are placed in the field.
You may hear an announcement such as one, left arrow to select. You are
still in an edit field where you can type another address, use autocomplete,
etc. Add as many addresses as you want. Use autocomplete or type an
address, then press enter. Continue until you have added all you want. In
other words, for consistency, add the first address and press enter. You
can press tab, but it isn't consistent with what you would tend to do and
its easier to understanbd what you are doing.
Add first address and press enter. Adde second address, and press enter.
Add as many as you like.
At any time after you first press enter, move to the left from the edit
field you are in and continue left to hear and move to the addresses you
have added.
If you want to add more, right arrow past the first address you addded. You
will probably hear edit. That is where you add addresses so do exactly as
you did before to add addresses.

Tab to the subject line when you are finished and want to add a subject.
You can be in the edit field or on any address and tab, it doesn't matter.

In short, you are working with a variation on the to line.