Re: NVDA and Internet Security Programmes

Gene

I'm not saying you won't find something, but its worth noting that Microsoft Security Essentials, that is what it used to be called, in Windows 10 and maybe Windows 8, Windows defender, is well regarded now. It wasn't for a while but it now is. I'm not recommending it over other possible choices, I don't know what else may be available. But many blind people use it, in part because of the difficulty of finding a properly accessible program. Many blind people use it in combination with Malware Bytes but I don't know if there are accessibility problems with that program now.

From: Samuel Wilkins
Sent: Tuesday, December 08, 2020 9:15 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: [TechTalk] NVDA and Internet Security Programmes

Hello all, I’m looking into replacing ESET on my computer, as it doesn’t work that well with NVDA. I’m thinking of either Bitdefender Total Security , Norton 360 Deluxe, and Kaspersky Total Security, as they have all received high reviews. Can anyone tell me which would be the most accessible with NVDA? Thank you.