From: Beth
Sent: Wednesday, September 02, 2015 9:29 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Fwd: BARD Outage

Ah, I am lucky I did some walking. I didn't worry too much about Bard but then I saw the note about the outage, and I felt as though the power would be out for a while. But then again, electricity being out is bigger but then again, even bigger is how the sun was out. I was able to walk, but alas, was in the wrong shoes. God, I will never wear those platforms again ... lol I'll write more in the chat thingy.
Beth
Beth Taurasi, Windows 10 edition,
Cell: 720-435-7407
Skype: denverqueen0920
Ms_denverqueen on Twitter
Instagram: denverqueen0920
Facebook: www.facebook.com/denverqueen0920
On 9/2/2015 7:26 PM, Robin Frost wrote:
Hi,
I agree I’d have liked to have received such a notice from my library and will look into seeing if such a subscription exists. But I should also note that at least in the case of the library for the blind in Pennsylvania while it is a part of the national library service it also falls under the auspices of the local free library system so is subject to their staffing constraints.  It is also the last week of Summer a time during which many are short staffed due to vacation scheduling and such.
I suspect outage or not the earth will still rotate properly, blood will still flow as it ought in our circulatory systems and the sun will still rise in the east and if we just take a few breaths and as another poster I recently read said go outside and enjoy and interact with the world around us before we know it Bard will return to its usual functioning status.
Robin

Sent: Wednesday, September 02, 2015 9:19 PM

If every state sent out a notice like that I don't think there would have been so many questions about what was going on. I think even a notice telling people that they were working on it would have been peachy. I know Texas TBC has my email address.

Melissa
Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 2, 2015, at 7:37 PM, Robin Frost <robini71@...> wrote:

Hi,
to further my point I’ll paste below the text of an email disseminated by the California State library for the blind as was publically posted on another list to which I subscribe. I’ll paste it in its entirety and hope that it won’t be considered a violation. It does however underscore my assertions and those of others indicating that Bard is not under current threat and that they are dealing with a technical issue which would seem to be quite involved. I hope this helps to clarify things.
Robin