From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Laz
Sent: Tuesday, December 8, 2020 10:31 AM
To: main@techtalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] one more Blindshell phone question

No, not me Terri. Someone named Joseph Hudson had been telling people in the recent past on several lists that they should use Consumer Cellular...

We use H2O on the AT&T towers which seems to work the best with the Blindshell classic phone and they have better customer support than all the other companies with which we've had experience.

Stay safe and Happy Holidays!

Laz

On 12/8/20, Terrilynne Pomeroy <tl717375@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Laz,
As I recall, a few months ago you were telling people about the
Consumer Cellular plan you could sign them up for when they purchased the BlindShell.
I noticed that you are now using A T&T. I am currently trying to
decide which phone as well as which company to go with. So I am
wondering why the change?

Thanks much,

TerriLynne

On 2020-12-05 6:52 p.m., Gene wrote:
That's interesting. I wonder what system it uses for operation
with speech. it would be interesting if any of the well recognized
assistants

can do this. As I think about it, I suspect they can and that the
limitation I spoke of is likely on my phone, not of the assistant.
If an

assistant is used in The Shell Phone, it should be able to do all
sorts of

things.

I wonder if the phone has a built-in Youtube app, allowing you to
listen to music and other content on Youtube.

Gene

-----Original Message----- From: Laz
Sent: Saturday, December 05, 2020 5:23 PM
To: main@techtalk.groups.io

Yes, or by contact name if the person is in your contacts.

Laz

On 12/5/20, Gerald Levy via groups.io
<bwaylimited=verizon.net@groups.io>

wrote:

Does the BlindShell have the ability to dial phone numbers by
digit using voice commands?

Gerald

On 12/5/2020 5:11 PM, Laz wrote:
Monte, You left out the ability to dictate email messages.

Laz

On 12/5/20, Monte Single <mrsingle@sasktel.net> wrote:
Hi List,

The Blind Shell Classic is an interesting animal.
It has a combination of features that I like; First, it has keys
you can feel. Smart phone don't, there may be an exception.
Second, you can dictate text messages to the Blind Shell Classic.
So-called "feature" phones do have buttons, but you cannot
dictate text messages.
So, personally, I am living with a second-hand I phone 7 to
which I can dictate text messages, but it has no buttons.
When it comes to entering info, passwords, codes, card
numbers, etc, on a smart phone, I'm a clutz.

I would buy a Blind Shell Classic, but right now, it's just a
bit pricey
given the difference between the value of the Canadian and US
dollars.
Personally I don't care that the Blind Shell Classic does not
have a browser.
That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

Cheers, and live safely,

Monte