Gene:

Now I understand the concept.  Thank you so much for the explanation.

Shelly

On 12/8/2020 1:46 AM, Gene wrote:
If it helps  you understand it, this isn't a mysterious field that is there for some reason.  You are really working with the to line. When you first type an address and either tab or press enter, you are placed in the field. You may hear an announcement such as one, left arrow to select.  You are still in an edit field where you can type another address, use autocomplete, etc.  Add as many addresses as you want.  Use autocomplete or type an address, then press enter.  Continue until you have added all you want.  In other words, for consistency, add the first address and press enter.  You can press tab, but it isn't consistent with what you would tend to do and its easier to understanbd what you are doing.
Add first address and press enter.  Adde second address, and press enter. Add as many as you like.
At any time after you first press enter, move to the left from the edit field you are in and continue left to hear and move to the addresses you have added.
If you want to add more, right arrow past the first address you addded.  You will probably hear edit.  That is where you add addresses so do exactly as you did before to add addresses.

Tab to the subject line when you are finished and want to add a subject. You can be in the edit field or on any address and tab, it doesn't matter.

In short, you are working with a variation on the to line.

Gene
-----Original Message----- From: Shelly Kane
Sent: Tuesday, December 08, 2020 4:19 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] thunderbird 78.5.1 accessibility configuration

Gene:

That's exactly what the field says.  I just forgot until you said it.
It would have to show up for me to be able to tell you but I know that's
what it says.  So basically, I can do everything I'm doing without using
that field?  Is that right?  I wouldn't  even know what to do with it
when I was there because I already put the address in and I wouldn't
need to do it again there.  It just seems pointless to add it.

Shelly

I don't use JAWS.  I don't hear control w with NVDA.  As far as the extra field, you are evidently seeing a field that shows after you type an address and tab once.  If JAWS doesn't read what is said in that field, it is a problem with JAWS.  The field says something like one address, left arrow to select.  The field is there because you haven't actually placed the address in the field until you tab once. You are now in the field with the address and you can work with it there.  When you tab again, you are in the subject line. This won't change.  It's just a different way of presenting the to line and having it function slightly differently.than previously.

Sent: Monday, December 07, 2020 4:07 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io

Hi Group:

Since I have updated to the new Thunderbird 78.5, it has changed a
little for me.  When I go to send an email, there is an extra box before
the subject.  I forgot what it says but I just tab to subject and then
it seems to be fine.  Is there any way to get rid of this?  I have also
noticed when I hit F7 to spell check, when it lands on a word that isn't
spelled right, it will tell me and then it will say control W when I tab
and it never did before.  It seems to have these added things that
aren't necessary.  Do any of you know if there will be another update to
correct this or are we going to just have to deal with it? Thanks in
advance for any help on this matter.  I'm currently using the newest
Jaws which is Jaws 2021.

Shelly

On 12/5/2020 11:14 AM, David Mehler wrote:
Hello,

I just did a Thunderbird upgrade. I'm running v78.5.1 with NVDA
v2020.3. It seems as if this new Thunderbird overwrote my previous
configuration, my accounts are still there but it seems to be bringing
up a lot of extra boxes, adverts, web pages, etc. I was wondering if
anyone had a thunderbird taming setup?

Thanks.
Dave.

.