Re: differences between chrome and firefox

Gene

Browsing is browsing with any browser that supports the Virtual pc cursor and browse mode. It is either identical or almost identical between the two browsers. I expect there is at least one attachment for each browser that notifies you when a download finishes.

It is a very good idea to have both Firefox and Chrome or a Chrome-based browser on the same computer. Since one is Chrome or Chrome-based and Firefox isn't, when you are having a problem with a web site, trying the other browser may have better results and those results may be meaningful.

There are differences in the way the program is designed, Chrome has only one menu, Firefox has many menus, as most programs do.

Chrome works better in terms of speed of loading pages and it may not have a lagging problem Firefox may when you move through some pages. I don't know if this is a problem that amounts to anything, I don't use it much and I've only seen it on one site.

I think the concensus you will see here, if enough people write, is that a lot more people prefer Chrome. But having said that, if you are at all a demanding Internet user, you should have both. There won't be much to learn to use Firefox if you already know how to browse well.

Gene

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Wednesday, December 09, 2020 3:15 PM
To: techtalk@groups.io
Subject: [TechTalk] differences between chrome and firefox

Hello,

What are the differences between chrome and firefox? Does Firefox have a way to notify us as to when a download has finished?

I thank you for your thojughts.

Joe Giovanelli, W2PVY

Join main@TechTalk.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.