From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of
Gene
Sent: 12 December 2020 17:57
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Fault with brand new external drive

I think there is something wrong with the drive. Also, let's say, for the
sake of argument, that the problem could have been corrected if you had this

or that program or utility. The purchaser isn't required or expected to
correct defects even if he can and attempts to do so often violate the
warranty.

Its possible the problem is caused by a defect in the cable connecting the
drive and trying another one would have been a good idea, but I see little
prospect of anything else you might have done correcting the problem. I
doubt that would have either.