Re: Fault with brand new external drive

Walter Ramage

Hi. Don't know where you are but they don't charge here but I don't think they provide the service you speak of. I'll take the package to my local post office, they will scan the email on my phone with the QR code, print the label and return the package to Amazon and there is no charge for that. If I had a printer I could print my own label and call the post office and they will come and pick it up at my home but I don't know if there is a charge for that or if it is charged to Amazon. Walter.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of enes saribas
Sent: 12 December 2020 19:26
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Fault with brand new external drive

But Amazon charges you both for the pick up as well as the return. I
bought a 50 dollar microphone, which had terrible sound and realized it
wasn't appropriate for my needs, but the pickup and return, or
transporting it would equal half the price of the microphone, so I chose
to gift it.

On 12/12/2020 12:55 PM, Olusegun -- Victory Associates LTD, Inc. wrote:
Chief Walter, if I were in your shoes right now, no doubt I've been there
more than a time or two, I shall most certainly return the drive for
replacement just as you've done. I won't attempt rectifying any problems
associated with the drive especially since it's brand-new and still under
warranty. I don't know how returns are treated in Britain; here in the
United States, unless otherwise stated, we have at least 30 days to return a
product whether defective or not for a full refund. Some sellers DO LIMIT
returns to 15 days and such; this is NOT A COMMON THING with Amazon.com
which graciously picks up the item(s) I've had to return with no questions
asked. Heck, amazon.com even provides the RETURN LABEL and the driver snaps
it on during pick up.

This is why I enjoy doing business with amazon.com, although it is slowly
becoming another monopoly.

Sincerely,
Olusegun
Denver, Colorado