From: Gerald Levy [mailto:bwaylimited@verizon.net]
Sent: Thursday, December 03, 2015 10:13 AM
To: TechTalk@groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Thermometer

If you had bothered to follow this thread, Bob clearly stated that he was
looking for a talking medical thermometer, not a weather thermometer. So
Bob, check out the HealthSmart DigiScan Talking Forehead/Ear Thermometer
which is available on Amazon.com for $23. I have this unit myself, and it
is fairly accurate and easy to use. You simply hold the probe against the
center of your forehead, press the button on the back and instantly hear
your temperature announced in a clear, female voice. Best of all, it runs
on two easily replaceable AAA batteries, not cockamamie button cell
batteries like other units sold by the blind-products merchants that are not
replaceable and that always seem to be dead when you reach for the
thermometer to take your temperature. In addition to announcing your body
temperature, the HealthSmart DigiScan can also announce the current time and
room temperature, which makes it very versatile. The time can be set
without sighted help, although it is a bit tricky. Check it out:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008DVRIIU?keywords=talking%20forehead%20th
ermometer&qid=1449165127&ref_=sr_1_1&sr=8-1

Gerald