Re: Exact Images of Documents or Files, How to Using Windows, Fax and Scan

Jim Rawls

Good point Mike. Jim

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Mike B
Sent: Friday, December 18, 2020 4:56 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Exact Images of Documents or Files, How to Using Windows, Fax and Scan

Like just about anything else in Windows there's more than one way to do something but, in this case there's a little bit of a difference.  If you open the Windows Fax and Scan via the search option that opens the program but, if you go to it via the Run dialogue / shell:appsfolder, you can create a shortcut from there.  If you go to, Settings / Apps / Apps and Features, the Windows Fax and Scan program isn't there.  Anyways, as long as you can open and use the program I guess it doesn't matter how you access it.  My main goal was to let folks know how well this program works, how a person accesses it is up to the individual.

Stay safe and take care.  Mike.

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Friday, December 18, 2020 4:38 AM

Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Exact Images of Documents or Files, How to Using Windows, Fax and Scan

Just curious, Is there a particular reason to open run dialog when ttyping the name of the app in the search will bring up the app?

---- Original Message -----

Sent: Thursday, December 17, 2020 11:28 PM

Hi Holly,

I'm sorry, I should have said the, shell:appsfolder.  Open the Run dialogue with, Windows key + R, and type what's below, press enter, and navigate using first letter navigation.

shell:appsfolder

You can also open the Start menu, go to the All Programs submenu and you'll find it in here as well.  To create a shell:appsfolder desktop icon follow the stesp below.  You can make a desktop shortcut from the Windows Fax and Scan from the icons in All Programs and the shell:appsfolder.

How To Create A Permanent Icon For The Apps Folder On The Desktop 

1. Go to your desktop and make sure nothing is selected. To do this: press CONTROL plus SPACE until it says, Not Selected.

2. Press Applications Key or SHIFT plus F10, and Arrow down to New Submenu, and press ENTER.

3. ARROW down to Shortcut and press ENTER.

4. When it asks you to type the location of the shortcut, type 

%windir%\explorer.exe shell:Appsfolder 

5. TAB to the Next button and press ENTER.

6. When it asks for a name for the shortcut, press the DELETE key and type 

AppsFolder. 

7. TAB to the Finish button, and press ENTER.

8. Now, on your desktop, you will have a shortcut that reads: 

AppsFolder 

9. If you press ENTER on this shortcut, a hidden folder will open containing all your apps.

10. Now, create any shortcut for an app as follows:

11. Press ENTER on the AppsFolder icon.

12. Use First-letter Navigation to find the app for which you want the shortcut on your desktop.

13. ARROW down to Create Shortcut, and press ENTER.

14. When it tells you that a shortcut can’t be created here, and it asks if you want a shortcut on the desktop, press ENTER on Yes.

15. That’s it. Now you will have a shortcut for your desired app on the desktop, along with the AppsFolder shortcut. 

Bill White

Stay safe and take care.  Mike.

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Thursday, December 17, 2020 7:21 PM

Mike:

I am not seeing the Windows fax and photo in the apps folder.

Join main@TechTalk.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.