Re: nvda with eloquence

I have found that eloquence, not just the voice, is more responsive and easier to use. I wasn’t impressed with vocalizer… It sounded the same… But did not work the same. I read that there is a legal version of the ad on, but I am unable to put the other parts together or whatever it is called. Right now, just using jaws.

Melissa

On Dec 19, 2020, at 9:47 AM, Monte Single <mrsingle@...> wrote:

Hi list,

Over the years, and especially since I started using a screenreader in 2011,  I hear many people talking about the features of Eloquence which they like.  I think onne of the main ones is clarity of speech at higher verbosity rates.

I mostly use nvda with the Zara one core voice.  Once in a while I’ll load the jaws demo  when a web page  is not working well.

Is the default jaws voice Eloquence?

Does nvda with eloquence sound the same as jaws with eloquence?

Personally, I don’t mind nvda with one core Zara.

But,  I usually have the verbosity rate  just a little faster than normal human speech.  I lose too much info if I try listening  at a fast rate.

Thanks for your feedback.

Monte