Re: talking contactless forehead thermometers

Troy Burnham

Hi Shelly,

I did call the blind mice mart this morning and had to leave a message, I suspect they may be closed for the holidays.

The thermometer we have also looks like a gun and you press the trigger to take the temperature while the thermometer is 2-4 inches away. It sounds like the one you described.

Troy

On 12/21/2020 11:50 PM, Shelly Kane wrote:
Troy:

I have no idea why your thermometer wouldn't work.  Can you contact the company and let them know?  If it's not going to work, they should give you a new one or a credit of some sort.  You should try ordering one from the NFB store in Maryland.  I just ordered mine from there a few weeks ago.  A friend of mine told me about it and she said it works very well.  If it doesn't work, you can let them know and they will tell you what to do.  Mine looks like a gun and you don't touch the person with it.  You need to get somewhat close to their forehead so you can get a reading. Hope this helps.

Shelly

On 12/21/2020 10:41 AM, Troy Burnham wrote:
Hi all,

I bought a new infrared contactless forehead thermometer from the blind mice megamall a few months ago, and we used it once since then and it worked but now it doesn't. Has anybody else had trouble with thermometers like this? We always remove the batteries and put them back in when we need to use it, and this morning we tried multiple sets of batteries to make sure the first set wasn't dead and we still can't make it work.

This actually isn't the first time we've had something like this happen either, before I bought the thermometer we have now we had another one that didn't work when we tried to use it after a while of not needing it.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions, I don't know if these thermometers need to be stored a certain way so they don't get messed up or what.

Troy