From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Troy Burnham
Sent: Tuesday, 22 December 2020 12:12 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] talking contactless forehead thermometers

Hi Shelly,

I did call the blind mice mart this morning and had to leave a message,
I suspect they may be closed for the holidays.

The thermometer we have also looks like a gun and you press the trigger
to take the temperature while the thermometer is 2-4 inches away. It
sounds like the one you described.

Troy

On 12/21/2020 11:50 PM, Shelly Kane wrote:
Troy:

I have no idea why your thermometer wouldn't work. Can you contact
the company and let them know? If it's not going to work, they should
give you a new one or a credit of some sort. You should try ordering
one from the NFB store in Maryland. I just ordered mine from there a
few weeks ago. A friend of mine told me about it and she said it
works very well. If it doesn't work, you can let them know and they
will tell you what to do. Mine looks like a gun and you don't touch
the person with it. You need to get somewhat close to their forehead
so you can get a reading. Hope this helps.

Shelly

On 12/21/2020 10:41 AM, Troy Burnham wrote:
Hi all,

I bought a new infrared contactless forehead thermometer from the
blind mice megamall a few months ago, and we used it once since then
and it worked but now it doesn't. Has anybody else had trouble with
thermometers like this? We always remove the batteries and put them
back in when we need to use it, and this morning we tried multiple
sets of batteries to make sure the first set wasn't dead and we still
can't make it work.

This actually isn't the first time we've had something like this
happen either, before I bought the thermometer we have now we had
another one that didn't work when we tried to use it after a while of
not needing it.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions, I don't know if these
thermometers need to be stored a certain way so they don't get messed
up or what.

Troy