Re: Word Processor Suggestions

chris judge

Often Microsoft office will come installed on new computers, but it's usually a 30 day trial. I have not heard of office coming free other than the trial version.

Chris Judge

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Gene
Sent: December 22, 2020 7:15 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Word Processor Suggestions

I wonder what free means. It could be a demo that will time out or it could be something bundled with the computer but if it is a free bundle, it may well increase the cost of the computer. I haven't seen anything on how much, but I'd be suspicious that you are paying something.

Gene
Sent: Monday, December 21, 2020 8:52 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Word Processor Suggestions

Hi Dave,
I can't stand all those Bells and Whistles that usually come with MS either, although, free MS does come with the Laptop I just bought, but I'm hopeing I don't have to use that!

Thank you so much.

Janet
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Dave
Sent: Monday, December 21, 2020 8:43 PM
To: main@techtalk.groups.io
Subject: [TechTalk] Word Processor Suggestions

I have MS Word 2019, or what ever the latest version is today. However, I hate using it.

I just don't need all those Bells and Whistles that has bloated up MS Word over the years.

I use a small Word Processor called Jarte. It is very simple and works well with my Screen Readers.

If you are interested, you can find it at www.jarte.com

It is Free unless you wanted a slightly more feature filled version which will cost you $29.

The only thing I see as a negitive is that this Word Processor does not Save files in MS Words newest format. Which doesn't matter to me, but it might to you.

Grumpy Dave

Join main@TechTalk.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.