From: Dave
Sent: Tuesday, December 22, 2020 10:40 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Word Processor Suggestions

The Spell Checker is very easy to use. As for your question about
Passwords, I do not have an answer for that as I never use protected
files. Perhaps someone else can answer that question.

The lay out of Jarte is like the old pull down menus from the Office
2003 and before. Very simple to use.

the only thing I don't care for is its inability to save in a modern
file format such as Word 2019, 2016, 2013 etc.

I think it will let you save in 2007 format, but I might be wrong. I
always save in an RTF format, which works for what I do, but it may not
work if you are trading files with co-workers using a new edition of MS
Word.

Grumpy Dave

On 12/22/2020 8:45 AM, Marie wrote:
Does Jart allow you to assign a password to a document and how well
does the spell checker work? These are two features I use constantly.
Thanks, Marie

-----Original Message----- From: Monte Single
Sent: Monday, December 21, 2020 9:01 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io

Is it a free install of word that comes with youlaptop or a trial
version that expires in 30 days?

If you are interested, you can find it at www.jarte.com

It is Free unless you wanted a slightly more feature filled version
which will cost you $29.

The only thing I see as a negitive is that this Word Processor does
not Save files in MS Words newest format. Which doesn't matter to me,
but it might to you.

Grumpy Dave