From: Gerald Levy [mailto:bwaylimited@verizon.net]
Sent: Friday, December 04, 2015 3:33 AM
To: TechTalk@groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Thermometer

And exactly how would you use an indoor/outdoor weather thermometer to
measure body temperature? Stick the outdoor temp probe in your mouth? Or
in your ear? I don't think so. This thype of thermometer is not designed
to measure body temperature and will not provide accurate results. Medical
thermometers have a relatively narrow recording range, from about 95 degrees
F to about 108 degrees F, whereas weather thermometers have a much wider
measurement range, from about -10 Degrees F to about 110 degrees F. It's
sort of like trying to make a grilled cheese sandwich in a microwave oven.
The cheese will melt, but you will just wind up with a gooey mess, not a
crisp, golden brown sandwich as you would if you had made it in a Foreman
grill or a stove-top frying pan.

Gerald