From: Gene
Sent: Wednesday, December 23, 2020 3:06 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Word Processor Suggestions

JARTE can read current Word formats. If you try to read one, a dialog opens
telling you you need the Microsoft compatibility pack which you install and
JARTE can then read the files. As I recall, a link is provided in the
dialog where you download the pack.

In addition, Wordpad can read such files. We don't know how you want to use
a word processor but HJ pad offers a spelll checker and workss with older
formats, I don't think the compatibility pack will allow it to read docx
files, but you can try. You may not need anything but Wordpad and HJ Pad.

If you are interested, you can find it at www.jarte.com

It is Free unless you wanted a slightly more feature filled version
which will cost you $29.

The only thing I see as a negitive is that this Word Processor does
not Save files in MS Words newest format. Which doesn't matter to me,
but it might to you.

Grumpy Dave