From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Gene
Sent: Wednesday, December 23, 2020 10:19 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Could Microsoft be On route to dumping Windows in
favor of Linux!

I don't understand the technical ramifications. How could all the old
Windows programs continue to run? Microsoft has always put a lot of
importance on backward compatibility for products going back a number of
years. Is this article discussing a change to a version of Linux that
mimics Windows in its structures and design? If it weren't for
compatibility, that might make sense but, unless there is something I don't
understand, how would it be done? With some sort of emulator, I would think
the resources needed would make it a very inefficient proposition.